Friday, July 21, 2017

My first BIRCHBOX- Are they worth the hype?


If you are wondering what is a Birchbox, It is a Subscription box containing mostly Beauty product samples which you receive once a month for the price of £10 plus p&p. Once you have completed your Beauty Profile, this apparently can make some adjustments to the contents of your Beauty Box. Bearing in mind that some of the sample sizes can be pricey too, for £10 it really is a great deal, if you get products you enjoy and will use that is. Of course, there is a risk of not knowing what products you will receive, or whether you will even use them. But isn't trying new things apart of surprise of these boxes?


Don't get me wrong I was pleased to receive a Free Benefit they're Real sample Kit with my first Purchase using a code advertised on their website a few days ago, you can pay a good few bob for these sizes in store. However, I was kinda expecting to receive the Percy & Reed Wonder Overnight Recovery or another product that I had seen so highly featured in other peoples boxes, instead of an item which I had seen was in the Last Months Birchbox. I'm sure the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo is a great product, however, I just can't see me using it as my hair gets so dry with products like this. I could be proven wrong with this product but for now, this product just isn't for me.


I will say that I am very happy with my box overall, and seeing all the mixed reviews on their Facebook page, I am so glad it didn't put me off any longer. To be honest, I have always liked experimenting with different products, but of my own accord. I never like to be disappointed in the products so I tend to do my research before purchase, just to be sure it's for me. Trying Birchbox has pleasantly surprised me, I love the fact that if you like the products in your box, you can find them directly on their website and purchase the full-size product. Let's be honest for a tenner a month you can't go wrong. I have heard many Bloggers praising subscription boxes like Birchbox and to be honest, it is definitely worth the hype and cannot wait for my next box. I am interested however in trying other subscription boxes to compare them to.

If you have been thinking about trying Birchbox yourself, I hope seeing inside the box I got has given you some insight. Let me know what you think and what is your favourite subscription box.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!

© HelloScally | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig